Inserts East is a professional and energetic company, where teamwork is paramount and diversity is embraced. We work hard to provide a superior product and exceptional support to our customers.
Current Job Listings
Position Description: Press Assistant
Day Shift 7:00am to 7:00pm $10.00/hour
Night Shift 7:00pm to 7:00am $11.00/hour
Inserts East, a leading commercial printer which is operational 24/7, is seeking a Press Assistant to join its growing work force. Located in Pennsauken, NJ, Inserts East employs approximately 200 people and continues to expand its printing capabilities and employee base. Day and night shifts are available.
The Press Assistant is a junior printing role, which assists in a wide range of production activities. The Press Assistant will remove bundles from the press, count bundles placed on skids and perform tasks such as cleaning or changing press equipment for a new run.
- Safely remove printed materials from the press line and stack bundles neatly onto skids.
- Count bundles accurately.
- Basic set up of piece scales and troubleshooting stackers.
- Perform press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, cleaning up ink, oil or water spills as assigned.
- Assists Roll Tender with basic duties and may train to operate the splicer, time permitting.
- Assist with restocking materials in the work area, cleaning ovens and spills, wiping down press units and cleaning water tank behind press.
- Read print job run information and ensure stacking patterns for the product on skid comply with instructions.
- Follow all safety regulations and help maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Ability to work as a cooperative part of a crew and be an enthusiastic learner.
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend basic English.
- Ability to use a ruler.
- Enhanced listening skills and ability to follow detailed directions from the Supervisor, Trainer and senior crewmembers.
- Demonstrate initiative in learning new operations.
- Perform basic math functions to add up weights and keep track of bundle counts.
- Effective in demonstrating and sharing job knowledge with less experienced crew members.
- Ability to operate pallet jack to pull and position loaded pallets.
If interested and qualified, please respond to email@example.com with resume. Please put Press Assistant in the subject line. You may also pick up an application at our facility at 7045 Central Highway, Pennsauken, NJ, 08109.
Principals only, no phone calls please. We will contact qualified applicants. EOE